Vulnerability. I promised you guys a new post about me every weekday in May… so here ya go. Blog Post number 1.
Today’s Prompt was: 20 Little Known Facts About Me.
- I am only 5’2″, but most people think I am 5’7″ because I wear heels every day.
- I am one of ten kids. Eight of us are full-blood.
- I have tattoos. For some reason, this always surprises people.
- I know how to ride a motorcycle and used to own one. I will buy another once my kids get a little older.
- I have been to 39 states on a motorcycle tour.
- Ice cream is my favorite dessert. Sometimes I like cheesecake, pumpkin pie or brownies. Most of the time, I thoroughly dislike pie, cake and cookies.
- I hate French fries. And pancakes. And olives.
- I am TERRIBLE at comprehending sarcasm. My brain just doesn’t work that way.
- My favorite color was green until I hit my 30’s. Then, it magically became turquoise/teal like my mama.
- I like my hair in a pixie or past my chest. Anything between those two extremes drives me bonkers.
- I was homeschooled and I feel like it makes me think differently than most people.
- The great outdoors is my church. I feel like I find God more there than anywhere else.
- I like to drive in complete silence. No music. No audio book. Just me and my thoughts. Often with the windows rolled down.
- I have two big trunks FULL of journals. I started writing when I was super young and couldn’t stop. When I die, someone will be able to give a play-by-play of most of my life.
- I have 2 really close friends. They both live far away now. It makes me sad a lot.
- I have only dated one person since my divorce that made me honestly think about getting married again.
- Mt. Washmore (laundry) is my arch nemesis.
- I am a Christ-follower, and I think the “church” has most things wrong. I love the Muslim culture and I study the Tao and Buddhism as well.
- I am obsessed with birthdays. I give my kids an entire week of celebrations for their birthday.
- I would rather have an experience with someone than get a gift from someone. Always. Give me memories.